Creamy Tomato-Pumpkin Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- ½ cup cream
- 12 ounces gluten-free spiral pasta
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil. Once shimmering, add the garlic. Cook until fragrant, around half a minute. Add the crushed tomatoes, pumpkin puree, white wine, water, parsley, rosemary, red pepper and a couple pinches of salt. Stir until combined. Cover. Once simmering, reduce heat to low. Stir occasionally.
- Once the sauce is simmering, set a medium-large pot of salted water over high heat. Cover and bring to a boil. Add the pasta. Cook until al dente, around 13-15 minutes (or per package instructions).
- With a few minutes left on the pasta, add the cream to the sauce. Stir until incorporated. Place the spinach in a large colander.
- When the pasta is ready, drain into the same colander as the spinach. Stir until the spinach is wilted. Serve the pasta and spinach topped with the tomato-pumpkin sauce.