Buttery Cabbage with Dill
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound Savoy Cabbage, cut in half, cored, thinly sliced lengthwise
- ¼ pound carrots, cut into matchsticks
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter. Once melted, add the cabbage, carrots, pepper, and salt. Stir well. Cover and reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining butter and the dill. Cook for 1-2 minutes, until the butter is melted. Stir well. Serve.
Savoy cabbage is more tender than standard green cabbage and I like the crinkliness. That being said, the recipe works fine with plain old green cabbage too.