- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves removed whole, rinsed, patted dry
- 2 medium avocados, sliced lengthwise
- ½ pineapple, cut into pieces 4-5 inches long and about ½-inch wide
- ¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium jalapeño peppers, thinly sliced
- To assemble: take one piece of lettuce, top with 2-3 slices of avocado, 2-3 pieces of pineapple, 3-4 onion slices, and 4-5 slices of jalapeño.
There were many other additions I thought up, but I couldn’t decide which ones I liked best, so I decided to keep it simple. Here they are in case you think they sound good: chopped fresh cilantro, salt (especially coarse finishing salt), hearts of palm, mango, cold cooked rice vermicelli, crumbled tortilla or root vegetable chips, refried beans, pan-fried tofu strips.