My sister-in-law is in town. (She of the awesome vegetarian chickpea salad.) Kathy has been a vegetarian for over ten years. She’s a pro. She made this kale salad when we were on vacation. I kept stealing bites every time I walked past. I got her to make it again to share with you. Besides being quite tasty, there’s the added bonus that it’s a snap to throw together.
- 2 bunches of kale, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the kale and olive oil. Massage the kale for a few minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat. Salad can be served immediately but the texture of the kale will improve if the salad is allowed to marinate a couple of hours.
( Serves 8 )
This is our niece helping Kathy wash kale. She grabbed a stalk and thought it made a nice wand to shake around and sprinkle water. :)
While we were making the salad Kathy noted that this is definitely a taste as you go dish. She generally doesn’t measure how much of each of the ingredients end up in the salad. Change up the proportions to suit your mood.