A couple months ago, Sea Maiden, the brains behind Book of Yum and the Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger event put out a call for guest hosts as she has many other activities that require her time. (Hello writing a dissertation and caring for a toddler.) I jumped at the chance. Adopt a Gluten-Free Blogger has been around about 3 1/2 years. It’s the first blog event I heard of and the first one I participated in. It’s quite an honor to be hosting. I feel all grown-up. For those of you not familiar, here’s how your participate:
1) Pick a gluten-free blogger whose recipes you admire and adopt them by commenting on this post with your name, blog name and their name and blog name.
*Blogger’s recipes must all be gluten-free or have a way to sort and read ONLY gluten-free recipes.
*Please pick a different blogger every time you participate.
*Please pick a blogger that has not been adopted yet this month!
2) Pick one (or two!) of your gluten-free blogger’s recipes to try.
3) Make the recipe, photograph it, and write a post on your blog introducing the blogger and their recipe.
*Follow the recipe as written, as closely as possible. And, please don’t print their recipe on your post- just provide your reader a link to their original recipe.
*Provide a link to this event announcement page.
4) Email me at kalinda[at]wheatfreemeatfree[dot]com with your photo of the recipe, the URL of your post, name of the recipe and the URL of the original blogger’s recipe post. PLEASE SIZE PHOTO TO BE A MAXIMUM OF 500 PIXELS WIDE.
5) Post YOUR POST’s URL in a comment to this post, and if possible please try to visit two other blogger’s posts that are posted here (and comment!).
*The goal is to make this event more interactive and fun!
Sign up BEFORE November 30 (loose deadline; late sign-ups are OK)
Post your review and email me by December 9 (firm deadline, no foolin’)
If you don’t have a blog, you are still welcome to adopt a gluten-free blogger. Sign up to adopt a blogger, write a review of one of their recipes, including your name (or pen name), the recipe URL and recipe title. Then take a photo of the completed recipe (if you can) and EMAIL ME the review and photo. I will include the review and photo in the roundup post.
One of the perks of being the host is that I get first choice of who to adopt. I choose Shirley of Gluten Free Easily! Now it’s your turn.
Adoption Sign-Up List:
- Shirley of Gluten Free Easily (Adopted by Me)
- Hallie of Daily Bites (Adopted by Shirley of Gluten Free Easily)
- Sea of Book of Yum (Adopted by Alta of Tasty Eats At Home)
- Julie Lynn of Gluten-Free Vegan Family (Adopted by Jen of The RA Vegan)
- Katie of Chocolate Covered Katie (Adopted by Lauren of As Good As Gluten)
- Beth of Tasty Yummies (Adopted by Sea of Book of Yum)
- Heidi of Adventures of a Gluten Free Mom (Adopted by Paula of Live Free, Gluten Free)
- Kim of Cook It Allergy Free (Adopted by Nancy of Gluten Free Travels)
- Vicky of Gluten Free SCD and Veggie (Adopted by Valerie of City|Life|Eats)
- Iris of The Daily Dietribe (Adopted by Sunita of Growing Healthy)
If you sign up and cannot complete this event by December 9th, please email me immediately at email@example.com and let me know.
I look forward to seeing your adoptions. :)