Cauliflower Peas and Garbanzos with Pesto
- 1 pound cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 ounces fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- Pour an inch of water into a medium pot. Insert a steamer basket. Cover and set over high heat. Once the water is boiling, add the cauliflower. Cover, and steam for 5 minutes. Add the peas, cover, and steam another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the basil, pine nuts, and salt in a food processor. Pulse a few times. Continue to pulse while streaming in the olive oil, until a thick paste has formed.
- When the cauliflower is tender and the peas heated through, drain. Place in a large bowl with the garbanzo beans and pesto. Stir until everything is coated. Serve.
I like to drain the cauliflower and peas into the same colander the garbanzo beans are in so that the hot water warms the beans up.