I love lima beans! I was making a variation of my Lima Beans with Artichokes and Sun-Dried Tomatoes last week and decided it was time for another lima bean recipe. I hope you like lima beans too.
Garlic Dill Lima Beans with Fried Capers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons capers, rinsed and patted dry
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups frozen baby lima beans
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces torn fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- juice of ½ lemon
- Heat a large skillet with a lid over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil. Once shimmering, add the capers. Fry until starting to brown, about 3 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the garlic, lima beans, water, and salt to the skillet. Stir to combine. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in the spinach. Cover and cook 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the dill and lemon juice. Top with the fried capers. Serve.
Even though you’ve reduced the heat, it’s advisable to get the water in the pan pretty quickly after the garlic. The pan is still pretty hot, and if, for example, you try to individually measure out four cups of lima beans after you’ve added the garlic, it will burn.