I wasn’t feeling very inspired so I asked Mike to check out my ideas list. He got all the way down to Item #4 (Peanut Butter Banana Bread) and declared the search over.
- ½ cup millet flour
- ½ cup sorghum flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups mashed ripe banana (4-5 bananas)
- ½ cup unsweetened soymilk
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lightly grease a loaf pan.
- Whisk all the flours, starch, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt, and spices in a medium bowl until thoroughly combined. Lightly beat the egg in a large bowl. Stir in the banana, soymilk, peanut butter and sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined. Spoon into the prepared loaf pan.
- Place in the oven and bake around 70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove and allow to cool slightly, then run a knife around the edges of the pan and turn the bread out onto a cooling rack to completely cool.
We like to leave the bananas fairly chunky so that there are chunks of banana in the finished bread, but that’s entirely personal preference.