My previous pie post spawned out the the desire to use a flour mix we received. Last weekend we received more gluten-free flour from Mike’s brother and sister-in-law. This time we received a bag of Andrea’s Gluten Free Flour Blend. Andrea’s Gluten Free is located in St. Louis, and we enjoy her baked goods anytime we visit the family. I’ve never tried baking with her flour mix before, but now that we own pounds and pounds of flour mix clearly some serious baking projects needed to happen. Here’s the first one:
- 2 1/2 cups Andrea’s Gluten Free Flour Blend or other all-purpose flour mix*
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup honey and molasses
- 1 1/2 cups small chunks of pineapple
*Please note Andrea’s Mix contains xanthan gum so no extra binder was included in the recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Mix the remaining ingredients into the flour mixture.
- Grease muffin tins and fill each cup about two-thirds full.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes until muffins are golden brown.
(Makes 12 muffins)
I measured the honey and molasses at the same time. Out of the total half cup, I’d say about 1/8 was molasses and the rest was honey.
Andrea’s Mix uses superfine brown rice flour so these muffins were nice and light.